Saturday, April 10, 2010

Vance Update...

On Thursday Vance had his 'two month' check up and shots. He is now 9 lbs and 22.5 inches. He got 3 shots in the legs and an oral vaccine. The poor little guy turned purple crying so hard from the shots :(. It made me want to cry too. I talked to the Dr. about his lack of interest in breast feading and us having to supplement with formula ( I hate having to do this). Doc says he's in the 3rd percentile, and is underweight, and he knows a lot of that has to do with his bad reflux, but he wants him to stay on his Axid medication for that and to try a new formula that'll help get his weight up. Since Thursday Vance has been noticably happier, and sleeps longer during the night. I like that this formula is working, but I still hate the fact that it feels like my milk wasn't good enough for him :(. Everyone keeps telling me that sometimes this just happens, and I shouldn't take it personally, but how can I not?

No comments:

Post a Comment